UPDATE: JANUARY 13, 2022, 12:22PM
Greetings Covenant Family,
During this COVID-19 Omicron variant surge, we are recommending all of the same common-sense prevention and health safety measures that people have become familiar with throughout the pandemic, including:
- Getting vaccinated and boosted to protect you and those you love
- Wearing masks in indoor public spaces, regardless of vaccination status
- Getting tested if you are feeling any symptoms, regardless of your vaccination status
- Getting tested within 72 hours before you travel or gather with others as you may have an asymptomatic infection (You can use an FDA-approved rapid at-home, self-test kit, reach out to your health service provider, a travel testing provider, or to receive a test, go to SF.gov/gettested.)
- Staying home if you are feeling sick
What is considered an outbreak?
Three or more of people that are confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 and visited the workplace/place of worship during their high-risk exposure period at any time during a 14-day period (i.e. three cases onsite within a 14-day period). If there is an outbreak, then the entity must call DPH at (628) 217-6100 immediately to report the cases and, in any event, no later than the next business day after learning of those positive cases.
Call (628) 652-2700 to book an appointment, find a drop-in site or if you have questions about the vaccine. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check the following sites for regular COVID-19 updates:
- Alameda County Public Health Department
- Public Health Division at the City of Berkeley
- City of Berkeley News
— Covenant Church Health & Wellness Ministry